Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rumor #1: The TRUTH about Learning Team Meetings

I have it on good authority that there are all kinds of "rumors" out there about the upcoming Learning Team Meetings...LTMs. I take full responsibility for starting one of the rumors, but NOT for spreading it! Basically, here's the scoop: I (Sally) will be conducting all of the 8th grade LTMs for this final round while Bert is off in Houston making a stellar presentation at the NASA Educators' Conference (with the late, great Mary Margaret!)

We will host 8th grade LTMS on three consecutive days next week: Wednesday morning, Thursday and Friday. Please call Miss Jessica at the front desk (709-2228) in order to reserve your 20 minute appointment time (LTMs will run on the half hour and will end by 3:30 on Thursday and 5:30 Friday.)

The rumor I started and which our students ran with is the notion that these are not mandatory LTMs. By that I mean, if you do not feel the need to meet with me and your 8th grader concerning the second half of the 8th grade year, you have my permission to forego the event. That said, I look forward to conferring with all of you who do choose to sign up for an appointment! So don't believe your 8th grader when she tells you that "Sally said I don't have to have a learning team meeting!" It is, per usual, up to YOU and your busy daytime schedule.

No comments: