Friday, May 18, 2007

High Tech Geometry

Hello families and friends of the 8th grade!
In between our filming and editing for the Production we continue to move forward with our math studies. This week we had our first geometry quiz...and we took it online. Using a site called QuizStar, students registered for my class and can take their assessments online. This is particularly useful for our beginning geometry pursuits because it is so vocabulary based. If you'd like to take a peek at the interface your daughters will be using the next weeks, I've created a "sample quiz" for the first 10 interested people to take a peek at. If you're interested, go to http://quizstar.4teachers.org/indexs.jsp , user name: sgsguest, password: sgsguest
I'd be interested to hear what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought we were going to get to take a geometry quiz!

I think it's great for the girls to get experience doing this online. My next big recertification exam for my job is online, and it seems to be in their future.

pf

Anonymous said...

I had the same reaction as Polly - I wanted to test my geometry mettle! ("mettle" might be a good WOD)

Seriously, thanks for setting up the sample for us... it's a great tool.

Sarah