Thursday, December 20, 2007

So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye...



...to our own Mary Margaret. Tomorrow marks our last day together as MM takes off on her next professional adventure as the Cybercamp Goddess for Giant Campus! Their gain is definitely our loss, one which we'll only begin to truly calculate as we seek to greet the new year 2008 without MM in our daily sphere. We will celebrate our time together at lunch with a "surprise" potluck organized by a trusty team of 8th grade elves. The girls were impressive in their last minute organizational feats...there's even going to be live entertainment with an original song reminiscent of the genre Phoebe of "Friends" fame used to create! I'd quote the refrain but a) it's top secret and b) it's profane!! But in my world, if it's funny enough, you can get away with pretty much anything...and this is funny!!

Back to being sad and serious though. I wanted to take a moment to formally thank MM for all she has done to make SGS the vibrant, meaningful, interesting learning environment it is for all of us - students and teaching partners alike. In all my years of teaching (32 at last count) I've known a handful of excellent pedagogues, and MM makes the short list. The past ten years that I've spent orbiting in MM's sphere have been nothing short of delightful, and I'm grateful for every single minute.

Here's to our countless shared memories...from four day lunch pails to comma cracks and more! To quote one of my more favorite student "sweatshop sentences," MM's departure is "the icing on my cake of sadness!" See ya partner!

1 comment:

Susan said...

MM, Goodbye! Good luck!