Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Some details about graduation...oh and an SGS car wash!

The following message was sent to me from our Dean of Faculty, Amy Leslie:

"Hello 8th grade families,

Graduation invitations are here!

Your daughter has been sent home with two graduation invitations. More are available if needed. Please have your daughter pick up any additional invites from the box in Lauren's office labeled 'Graduation Invitations'.
This year, graduation will be held at:

Rainier Beach Performing Arts Center
8815 Seward Park Ave S
Seattle, WA

The date is Thursday, June 14th at 7 pm.

You will be receiving more details as the day approaches. I did want to alert you to the fact that no professional photographer (as was the case in some years past) will be at the event so be sure to bring your camera if you want photos of this special occasion."
...

I'm still in the process of trying to resurrect my Entourage email lists which crashed and burned last week. So if any of you sent me any important messages and didn't hear back, know that I lost a few days there!

Yet another random synapse: My advisory will be hosting a car wash to raise funds for graduation festivities on Saturday, May 19th in the church parking lot across the street from SGS. At this posting, the times are slated for 12:30 to 4:30, and I'll let you know if that shifts at all. Please bring us your dirty cars and we promise to make a difference! I'm using the royal "we" here as I will not be washing cars...I will be out of town all day that day as it turns out! But the girls are dying to add to the growing funds that the other advisories have amassed. So PLEASE consider gracing our car wash with your dirty vehicles' presence!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea this blog particularly lately -- thanks for all the info and dates!